Farfalle Tricolor Pasta Salad
This is one of my favorites things to make- it's easy, versatile and you can add so many fresh ingredients! I love recipes that include vegetables, bright colors and bold flavors. Plus, you'll make this recipe in such a short time! Turns out it looks beautiful and, let me tell you this, the flavor was so refreshing. Every bite it was wonderful. It's the trifecta of cooking for me: it looks appetizing, tastes delicious and provides your healthy portion of vegetables for the day! What else could you need?
Summer time is here and this is one of many pasta salads you can make as a side dish or enjoy by itself. Bring it to the pool party and feel good by impressing your friends with this dose of beauty and health.
Now, in times of social distancing, I still like to cook. And, every now and then, impress myself with my cooking. Until we can all gather together and celebrate life, we can still make this for ourselves. And, if you are anything like me, me and myself are the only party I need when it comes to eating.
- 1 package farfalle pasta
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ sun dry tomatoes
- Half of red onion cut in thin slices
- ½ cup blk olives cut in half
- 1 cup 1 inch cut asparagus
- ¼ shredded parmesan cheese and more for garnish
- ¼ cup of chopped Italian parsley
- Bari Arbosana Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the farfalle according to package instructions, drain, drizzle Bari Olive Oil season with salt and pepper and set aside, if you want to add a little heat you can also add red pepper flakes.
- Wash and dry the asparagus spears, cut them about 1-inch length.
- Heat up your iron skillet to medium high heat, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the asparagus spears, they cook quick so do no look away because we want them “al dente” this means sauté the asparagus for about 3 minutes stirring frequently , we want them crunchy and we want them to keep the beautiful green color, remove from skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Wash, cut in half and set aside the cherry tomatoes.
- Slice black olives in half and slice red onion.
- Chop the Italian parsley.
- Use a large mixing bowl and add all the ingredients with 3 tablespoons of Arbosana Olive Oil and toss, garnish with more parmesan cheese and parsley, add salt and pepper to taste.
Follow Marianela on: