There is nothing like a warm, soft and fresh dinner roll out of the oven. Put those dry, stale and old store bought pieces of bread back on the shelf and take the time and care to share the joy of these wonderful home-made dinner rolls with your friends and family.
For additional flavor, open up a warm dinner roll and add a small cut of cool butter and a drop of honey to sweeten up your experience...
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 1 tbsp instant dry yeast
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp of Bari’s Butter infused Olive Oil
- In a bowl, combine the yeast with 1 tbsp of sugar and the warm water, cover and let rest in a warm area for about 8 minutes, or until you start to see small bubbles (frothy).
- In a large mixing bowl combine the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Create a well in the center and add the warm milk, eggs, olive oil and yeast mixture, then mix well with a wooden spoon until a sticky dough is created.
- In the mixing bowl create a large ball and drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil, cover and let rest for two hours in a warm area.
- Dust a clean and flat surface with flour.
- Put the dough on the surface and deflate.
- Dust flour on top of dough with flour and knead dough for about 5 minutes.
- Cut into 12 small pieces and create smooth round balls.
- Spray a large baking sheet and line them up.
- Cover and let it rest one last time in a warm area for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Bake rolls for 20 minutes.
- Once ready, lightly brush them with butter olive oil.
Follow Marianela on: