Spring is upon us!
When the day is so nice that you just want to be outside, fire up the grill and cook up these amazing Bourbon Pork sliders! Serve up these delicious bites as a heavy appetizer or a meal unto themselves. While this recipe requires a day of preparation to slow-cook the pork, it is worth the wait to enjoy the combination of the BBQ pulled pork, blue cheese, coleslaw and grilled bread.
Serve them one at a time, because two bourbon bites may induce a mid-afternoon nap. For the adults, choose your beverage wisely – and drink responsibly...
Step 1: Prepare pork (Day 1)
• In a small mixing bowl, add 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
• Mix in Cajun seasoning
• Rub the pork roast with it.
• Heat up a large iron skillet
• Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil
• Sear the roast in all sides
• Remove from pan and set aside.
• In a large slow cooker place the vegetables and garlic on the bottom
• Then place the pork on top
• Add the rest of the pulled pork ingredients on top
• Cover and slow cook for ten hours.
Step 4: Prepare Coleslaw
• While the pulled pork is cooking you can start working on the coleslaw by mixing all the ingredients, then cover and refrigerate (recommend to make it a day ahead)
Step 5: Prepare BBQ sauce
• Add the ingredients on the BBQ sauce list
• Mix them well, cover and set aside
• You can add your favorite hot sauce if you want more heat.
Step 6: Serve Pork (Day 2)
• When the pulled pork is done cooking, place the pulled pork in a large baking dish
• Shred the pork
• Add half of the BBQ sauce and about 1/3 cup of the juices from the bottom of the slow cooker
• Mix well and place in the oven
• Let it broil for about 10 minutes or until is getting brown
• Remove half way in and mix again (add more of the juices if needed)
Step 7: Prepare Bread
• Before serving, cut the dinner roll in the middle
• Heat up to medium-high and drizzle the iron skillet with olive oil
• Place the dinner roll in the skillet and let it grill (only until start browning for about 5 minutes)
Step 8: Serve
• Add the pulled pork to the Grilled dinner rolls.
• Add more BBQ sauce (if needed), blue cheese and top it with the coleslaw.
Follow Marianela on: